As with any activity, there are some rules and safe practices that come with hunting. We want to create fun and memorable experiences for people and we don’t want anyone to get hurt. To participate you are required to know the rules.
Be aware of your surroundings
Always pay attention to people, traffic, and possible threats around you. Because of the open environments with the adventures you should always be paying attention to your surroundings.
Don’t play alone.
Play the game with family, friends, or coworkers. Having more people not only helps with solving the puzzles but makes it an even more memorable experience.
Play during the day
Exercise caution playing at night. If you do make sure you have a flashlight as the app may need sufficient light in order to operate successfully.
Check the weather
Because these adventures can take place outside, make sure you check the weather before participating. Make sure you dress for the weather and timeframe. If the weather is fine when you start but becomes bad during the adventure, you will need to make sure you have a place to seek shelter. We do not recommend doing an adventure if there is a severe weather alert in the area.
Each adventure will have its own set of rules for how to play the game. These are the general rules that everyone participating no matter the event/adventure MUST follow. You play at your own risk and are liable for anything that results from you participating in an event/adventure.
- You must be at least 18 years old to play or have parent’s/guardian’s permission
- You must follow all local, state, and federal laws. None of the adventures will require you to break any laws. If using a car, seat belts must be worn and speed limits must be respected. No items can be obtained illegally,
- Do not trespass. No trespassing on private property is permitted.
- Do not destroy, deface, move, remove, or steal property, clues, and other items in the adventures.
- Do not cheat.
- Do not share clue locations or information about clues to anyone who is not participating with you or has never done the adventure. This includes pictures of the clues or the answers.
- If/when talking or interacting with strangers, business owners, or community workers, all participants must be polite and respectful.
This list is subject to change.